Last Updated: 15th November, 2022
Information You Provide to Us
Gourmet Egypt collects information you chose to provide to us. This may include when you created an account, use our Platform, make a purchase, request information, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, complete online forms, participate in contests or surveys, and contact us.
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, post code, email address, telephone or mobile number, username and password, and geolocation information. Gourmet Egypt does not store your payment details. When you make a purchase on our Platform, we may collect your financial information such as credit/debit card, billing address, and other similar information only to process the payment. You may be required to provide certain personal information to access or use certain portions of the Platform. We may also collect personal information you provide us about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone else.
You may also be required to provide certain personal information to create your Gourmet Egypt account. If you use a third-party login to create your Gourmet Egypt account (such as Facebook) or otherwise link to us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services.
Information We Automatically Collect
We also may collect information about your use of the Platform including the date and time you access the Platform, the areas or pages of the Platform that you visit, the amount of time you spend using the Platform, the number of times you return, broad demographic information, whether you open, forward or click-through emails and ads, and other Platform usage data.
Certain parts of our Platform require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Platform or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the "Help" menu of your browser, device, or operating system for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with Gourmet Egypt or other Gourmet Egypt customers such as when they purchase a gift card for you. This information may include name, username, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly observed data from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Platform.
Gourmet Egypt may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
1. To respond to your inquiries or requests, process, and fill customer orders, verify your qualifications for certain products and services, process payments and prevent transactional fraud, provide delivery and other notifications, and contact and communicate with you
2. To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services
3. To provide you with customized Platform content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Platform, on other third-party sites or apps you may visit, or via email
4. To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Gourmet Egypt
5. To contact you when necessary
6. To review the usage and operations of our Platform, improve our content, products, and services, or address problems with the Platform or our business
7. To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes
8. To manage our telecommunications networks
9. To protect the security or integrity of the Platform and our business; and as otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
How to Limit Our Use of Certain Information
Users of our Platform are given the opportunity to "opt out" of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfilment, or delivery of a product order at the point where we ask for the information. If you prefer to "opt out" and not have us send you material we think may be of interest to you, such as product information, product samples, and promotional mailings/e-mails from us, then you can notify us in one of the following two ways:
1. Writing us at:
3 Taha Hussein St. Zamalek Cairo, Egypt
If you have a catalogue, brochure, or other mailing label from us, please include it with your request, otherwise just include your mailing address and your e-mail address.
2. E-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include your mailing address).
Your instructions to limit the use of your information will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable.
Gourmet Egypt may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
(1) To our Service Providers, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us, including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfil or ship your order or complete your transaction
(3) To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
Gourmet Egypt may contract with third parties to perform functions related to the Platform ("Service Providers"). Service Providers will have access to your information needed to perform their business functions but may not use or share that information for other purposes.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party websites or applications, which likely have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites or applications.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Platform visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
To update your account on Gourmet Egypt, you may sign in to "My Account" on the Platform and update your personal information. In addition, if any of your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to use our service, we can correct, update, or remove the personal information provided to us. This can be done by calling us on our hotline 19339 from within Egypt or sending an e-mail with your new information to email@example.com , and specifying the information to be corrected, updated, or removed. Please do not send credit or debit card information by email.